2. How did the Wicked Witches of the Midwest come about? One day I sat down and wondered what would happen if I turned my mother and her two sisters into witches. That was easy enough -- and I couldn't stop laughing when I envisioned it -- so I added two cousins to the mix and ... voila.
People ask me if AuntTillie is based on a real person. She's actually a mixture of a few people. I based her on my great-aunt's looks (and one or two traits) and then gave her a few of my great-grandmother's personality ticks and then I removed her filter and she came to fruition.
The Wicked Witches of the Midwest world is divided into three parts:
1. The regular mysteries. I write two mysteries a year. They generally hit about six months apart.
2. The short mysteries. I write five 27,000-word short mysteries from the point-of-view of different characters. Some of these are set in the present and some are set in the past. For those who don't like shorts, I'm sorry. Complaining about the length of the shorts doesn't mean you'll get more mystery installments. It just means those who like the shorts won't get to read them. I can't fit more full books into my writing schedule.
3. The fantasies. I'm a huge fantasy fan and I know not everyone likes them. I think they offer a nice addition to the world, though, and the fantasies are all about character growth. The fantasies are about 60,000 words (so a short novel) and they wrap up with the sixth entry, Close Encounters of the Witchy Kind. If you don't like fantasies then these probably aren't for you.
Books in order according to timeline:
Any Witch Way You Can (Mystery Book 1)
Every Witch Way But Wicked (Mystery Book 2)
Witching You Were Here (Mystery Book 3)
Witching on a Star (Mystery Book 4)
Something to Witch About (Mystery Book 5)
Careful What You Witch For (Short)
Wicked Brew (Short)
Witch Me Luck (Mystery Book 6)
Witchy Tales (Fantasy Book 1)
On a Witch and a Prayer (Short)
Life’s a Witch (Mystery Book 7)
Charms & Witchdemeanors (Mystery Book 8)
A Witch in Time (Fantasy Book 2)
The Trouble With Witches (Mystery Book 9)
Four-leaf Clover (Short)
Thistle While You Work (Short)
Murder Most Witchy (Mystery Book 10)
Landon Calling (Short)
Make a Witch (Fantasy Book 3)
A Witch Before Dying (Mystery Book 11)
A Witchmas Carol (Fantasy Book 4)
All My Witches (Fantasy Book 5)
A Breath of Witchy Air (Mystery Book 12)
Close Encounters of the Witchy Kind (Fantasy Book 6)
Witch, Interrupted (Mystery Book 13)
Flip the Witch Switch (Mystery Book 14)
These shorts are set back in time so they can be read whenever:
You Only Witch Once
The Christmas Witch
Bewitched (set closer to the normal time period but meant to be read after the fact)
A Solstice Celebration
I Dream of Twila
How Aunt Tillie Stole Christmas
1. The Bigfoot Blunder (A Charlie Rhodes Mystery Book 1)
2. Freaky Witches (Mystic Caravan Book 7) Coming Soon!